Dr. Chris Smith
is committed to providing cutting edge allergy and immunology care for both adults and children. Dr. Smith is a pediatrician, with special advanced training in allergy and immunology. He is nationally recognized as both an author and researcher, with unique experience treating patients with rare and complicated immune deficiencies, as well as more common ailments such as nasal allergies, allergic eye disorders, food allergies, eczema, sinusitis, hives, and asthma. He prides himself on prompt appointment scheduling, and being readily accessible to address any question or concern.
Dr. Smith trained with some of the world’s most prominent allergy and immunology experts at the prestigious Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. While there, he conducted the hospital’s largest pediatric asthma research study. He is the author of five chapters on allergic and immunologic diseases in “The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult,” the widely used clinical resource for pediatricians, published in 1998 and updated by Dr. Smith in 2002, as well as several medical articles on asthma and allergy topics.
To date he has conducted over 100 clinical trials in allergies, asthma, sinusitis, COPD, eczema, and new vaccine development, and has helped bring several new drug therapies to market. Dr. Smith’s strong interest in new drug therapies led him to establish the Corning Center for Clinical Research. Only a select few allergists across the country have his level of experience, and it enables him to provide his patients with access to new drugs sooner. This is significant for those who have tried everything, as new drugs can deliver life-changing results.
Dr. Smith completed his pediatric residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and was elected as Chief Resident in his third year. Following his residency, he completed another 3-year fellowship in allergy/immunology medicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Credentials and Memberships
- Doctor of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, 1991
- Pediatric Residency, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 1991-1994
- Chief Pediatric Resident, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 1993-1994
- Allergy and Immunology Fellowship, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 1994-1997
- Board Certified-American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- Board Certified-American Board of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
- American College of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology
- Joint Council of Allergy and Immunology
- Southern Tier Asthma Coalition